We believe that wherever we discover and exercise the gifts God has given each of us is where we find our strengths. We come together as a congregation of believers to match our strengths with the needs around us. Therein, we believe, we find the will of God for our lives and for our church.
We believe that our church is also to be a fellowship of support through loving acceptance and prayerful intercession for one another as we each live out our faith.
We believe God has called us together to serve our community and welcome all who choose to worship with us.
As Christians, we practice...
- submission to God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- the love of God who forgives us regardless of our deserving and makes no distinctions among us, regardless of race, gender, or past transgressions.
- God's commission to go to our neighborhood and to all the world sharing the good news that forgiveness of sin and redemption of life is the gift of God through His Son, Jesus.
- God's commission to also minister in His name to those who suffer.
As Baptists, we practice...
- the authority of the Word of God found in the Bible which is the standard by which all human conduct, creeds, and religious opinions should be tried; the criterion by which the Bible is to be interpreted is Jesus Christ.
- the nature of the church as an autonomous body, operating through democratic processes under the leadership of Jesus Christ to whom we each are individually and equally responsible.
- the priesthood of the believer which means (1) we each have access to God's grace through Jesus Christ our sole intermediary and are answerable to Him in all our decisions, and (2) we each have responsibility to heed His call, discern His will and be ministers to one another as Christ has ministered to us
Our Core Values
- Soul Freedom: We believe in the priesthood of all believers and the equality of every church member.
- Bible Freedom: We believe in the authority of Scripture under the Lordship of Christ without the imposition of creedal statements.
- Church Freedom: We believe in the autonomy of every local church and affirm every church’s right to determine its faith, practice and leadership without outside interference.
- Religious Freedom: We believe in full religious liberty and the separation of church and state.